Wednesday, March 31, 2010

In Threes...

Well I have thirty-three minutes (from the start of typing) to get this blog completed and posted in order to meet the three post rule for this month!

So, whatever to talk about - oh, I know. The reasons to hate technology. First, let me start off by saying, I'm not one of those people. You know who I mean. The ones that believe that ALL technology is evil or that big brother is watching or something crazy, I mean different, like that. I am however a victim.

Yes, a victim. Technology recently raided, pillaged and removed ALL my life. (I know, dramatic, right?) But it's true! In an effort to "help" fix my phone and correct the major annoyances and problems I've been having, it was discovered there was a syncing error. Easy to fix right? WRONG! With my current piece of crap...I said phone, right?...it merges all your contacts from any sources into one big lump - this includes anything stored on the phone and anything from an outside sync. By correcting the sync, anything, yes EVERYTHING, is removed since it's all assumed to be on the former sync. So very easily, my entire database in my phone was erased. AHHHHHH!!

Backup? Backup you say?! Alas, no...I had tried more than once, but this same sync error prevented the backup system from running and wouldn't allow me to override the issue to get the information into or onto another source. AHHHHHHH!

What precipitated this crazy action that removed all contacts - trying to fix it. And after speaking to the "representative" at the store, I've learned two things - 1) all cellular companies are evil, 2) I cannot renew/change/update or do anything without a fee for another three months. AHHHHHHHH!

So there you have it three full and completely frustrated AHHHHHHHs - just for you.

Good news, my wonderful friends, family and colleagues/past colleagues have been wonderful about sending their updated information. So on the sunny- side - I'll have the best contact database ever when I'm done with this mess and don't you think for a second that I won't have it in sixteen different methods and stored in five different locations.

If only it were an April Fools...

No comments:

Post a Comment